+SiteStudio is a site based design research studio, driven by and run for, design students and graduates.
A young collective that exists through being grounded on and with site.
Based and founded at Siteworks, the studios' model sees the practice of site care taking exchanged for a space and test site to explore creative production and research outputs.
The studio is less a singular entity and more a supportive infrastructure for independent creative initiatives.
- Monday the 1st of Jun - 2020
Ground Graphics at Twosixty
Twosixty is a new project at 260 Sydney Road - Currently an underutilised block of land on Sydney Road, Brunswick with a Kebab stand and an informal car parking arrangement.
For the Next 24 Months, These Are The Projects We Do Together (The Projects) is programming and operating the site with the distinct purpose of engaging the public, communicating future plans to the community and informing the future design through ongoing site and program observations.
Ground Graphics at 260 is a new project to design and install a ground treatment to the concrete hardstand at 260 Sydney Road, which engages with the site over the life of the project (24 months) both revisiting site observations and reworking the surface treatment.
- For SiteStudio to continue developing its own design studio culture through a live project.
- To develop a range of design observation techniques, tested and enacted in a public space.
- To draw attention to the site as a new public space, to foreground the process and to communicate care and attentiveness towards the site.
- Design and install a ground treatment to the concrete hardstand at 260 Sydney Road.
We respectfully acknowledge the five language groups of the Kulin Nation as sovereign custodians of the lands on which we work and live. We extend our respects to ancestors and elders past, present and emerging, and to all First Nations people. In the context of the work we do, we express gratitude for our shared connection through place, to the oldest continuing cultures on earth.